The Special Fruit Curriculum Bundle: 1 Teacher’s Guide + 5 Student Activity Books
The Special Fruit is about a boy named Matthew who discovers that things in our world are not always fair for the kids around him, especially when it comes to race and racism. He learns from his small group of racially diverse friends that he gets something that they do not; The Special Fruit. This fruit is a symbol for the advantages that Matthew has because he is white, advantages that his friends of color do not have. It is also a symbol for the ways that Matthew doesn’t have to worry or even think about race.
Once he understands that his friends don’t have the same advantages that he has, he asks his friends to get together to figure out a way to make things fair for everyone. In the end they go to God who tells them what to do.
As you join Matthew and his friends on their journey, along the way you will hear what the Bible says about God’s love for all human beings, and how He wants us to care for each other. You will also have some interesting discussions and thoughtful activities as you learn how to talk about things like race and racism so that one day (perhaps when you are grown), no one will suffer from the sin of racism and all people will be truly cared for and valued for who they are.
- 1 – 60-page Full-Color Teacher Guide (Print and PDF)
- 5 – 52-page Full-Color Student Activity Books (Print and PDF)
- Download links for a graphics package for all lessons
- Download links for social media graphics for each lesson
- 1 – 24-pack Crayola Colors of the World multicultural crayons. These skin tone crayons make coloring pages and drawings more detailed and realistic. Includes colors such as Deepest Almond, Medium Golden, and Light Rose.
Preview Lesson 1 in the Product Gallery on this page.
View Teacher’s Guide View Student Activity Guide View Curriculum Bundle (1 Guide + 10 Activity Books)
|Layout and Design||